Truck Driver Negligence Accident and Injury Attorneys in Houston, Texas
At the Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston semi-truck accident attorneys know that one of the major causes of 18-wheeler crashes, injuries, and fatalities in Texas is truck driver negligence.
Commercial vehicle accidents caused by negligent truck drivers are common throughout the state, and, unfortunately for those who are hurt or killed, are completely preventable.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a semi-truck accident caused by truck driver negligence, contact our Harris County big rig traffic collision attorneys for a free consultation today. We can help you understand your legal rights and options to hold the responsible party — or combination of parties — liable for your full financial recovery.
What are the Most Common Types of Semi-Truck Driver Negligence that Leads to Crashes Throughout Texas?
Most Texas semi-truck crashes are preventable, especially when they are caused by the truck driver’s negligence.
Common negligent actions or inaction by the truck driver may include, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive Driving
- Changing Lanes or Making Turns Without Signaling
- Disobeying Traffic Signs and Signals
- Distracted Driving, including Anything That Causes a Driver to Take Their Attention Away From the Road
- Driving Too Fast for the Traffic or Weather Conditions
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- Failing to Check Blind Spots
- Failing to Leave Enough Room to Stop
- Failing to Properly Maintain Their Vehicles
- Failing to Properly Secure the Truck’s Cargo
- Fatigued Driving
- Violating the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’sHours of Service Regulations
When truck drivers place profits over safety and violate any of the local or federal laws that are designed to keep them and other motorists safe, we want to help you hold him or her liable for your full financial recovery. Contact our skilled Houston semi-truck lawyers today for help.
How Can I Prove Semi-Truck Driver Negligence After a Collision in Texas
To hold a truck driver, and potentially his or her trucking company/employer liable for your injuries or the loss of your loved one, we must establish how the driver was negligent.
Our experienced semi-truck accident lawyers have over three combined decades of experience investigating truck driver negligence crashes and customizing each of our client’s cases to pursue the best outcome for their collisions.
Some of the most common evidence of semi-truck driver negligence in Texas may include, but is not limited to:
- Examining The Driver’s Logbook, Which Details Hours Spent Behind The Wheel
- Medical Records Outlining the Extent of Your Injuries
- Partnering with Semi-Truck Accident Reconstruction Experts
- Photos of the Crash Scene
- Reviewing the Driver’s Training and Driving Record, Which May Include Trucking Company Personnel Files
- Witness Interviews
Semi-truck accidents often lead to catastrophic injuries or wrongful deaths that change our clients’ lives. We want to help you put the pieces back together by holding the negligent truck driver who caused your injuries liable for your full financial recovery.
Contact Our Skilled Truck Driver Negligence Accident Attorneys in Houston, Texas Today
If you or someone you love has been injured or lost their life in a Texas truck accident caused by the driver’s negligence, contact our dedicated Houston personal injury lawyers at the Hollingsworth Law Firm today by calling 713-637-4560 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Our skilled bilingual personal injury lawyers and support staff represent clients throughout the state of Texas on a contingency basis, so you never pay any legal fees unless we win your case.
If you are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve, so are we. Let us take the lead.