Head-On Collisions Attorney in Houston, Texas
Were you injured in a Head-On Collision?
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston auto accident attorney has the professional skills and legal expertise to handle head-on collision claims. Head-on crashes can cause catastrophic injuries. Do not go up against the insurance company alone: You need a top attorney on your side. If you or your loved one was hurt in a head-on crash in Southeast Texas, contact our Houston office today for a free consultation.
Head-On Collisions Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Head-on collisions are relatively rare. They account for only around two percent of motor vehicle collisions. That being said, these are among the most devastating types of crashes. According to data from the United States Department of Transportation (DOT), head-on collisions account for nearly 20% of fatal accidents nationwide.
When two vehicles collide, the combined force of impact can be tremendous. The human body, despite the protective features of modern vehicles, is ill-equipped to handle such violent forces. Even with airbags and seatbelts, the risk of catastrophic injury in a head-on collision is significant. Some of the most common injuries in head-on crashes include the following:
- Broken bones;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Internal organ injuries;
- Amputations; and
- Spinal cord damage.
What to Know About Liability for a Head-On Collision in Texas
As head-on collisions are disproportionately likely to cause severe injuries, it is especially important that victims know how to navigate the claims process. Here is an overview of the key things you should understand about head-on collision liability in Houston:
- Fault-Based Standard of Liability: Car crashes are state-level legal claims. Texas operates on a fault-based system, which means the person found at fault for causing the accident is the one responsible for compensating any damages. If you are involved in a head-on collision, the legal onus will be on determining who was negligent or careless.
- Modified Comparative Negligence Standard: Texas follows the modified comparative negligence standard ( Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001). If you are partly responsible for the head-on accident, your compensation might be reduced by the percentage of your fault. For example, if you are found to be 20 percent responsible for a head-on collision, you may only be able to recover compensation for 80 percent of your damages. All head-on crashes in Houston must be thoroughly investigated.
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations: Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann § 16.003, head-on crash victims have a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Missing this deadline could mean forfeiting your right to pursue compensation altogether. Do not wait to take action: Consult with an experienced Houston, TX, car accident attorney right away after a crash.
Our Firm Helps Head-On Crash Victims Fight for Full and Fair Compensation
A head-on collision can cause devastating, catastrophic injuries. In Texas, victims have the right to seek compensation for economic damages and non-economic losses. At Hollingsworth Law Firm, we are devoted to helping injured victims secure the absolute maximum settlement or verdict. Our head-on collision attorneys in Houston help victims and families seek financial compensation for:
- Property losses, including vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance costs and emergency room care;
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning potential;
- Pain and suffering & mental distress;
- Disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
We Also Represent the Following Practice Areas:-
- Dangerous Roadway Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Drowsy Driving Accident
- Fatal Car Accident
- Highway Accident
- Hit And Run Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups
- Parking Lot Accident
- Rear End Accidents
- Rollover Accident
- Sideswipe Collision
- Single Vehicle Accident
- Speeding Accident
- T-bone or Side Impact Collision
How Our Head-On Collision Lawyer in Houston Can Help
A head-on crash can cause life-altering injuries. You do not have to take on the legal claims process alone. Our owner and lead attorney Steve Hollingsworth is a trial-tested Texas personal injury lawyer. We have recovered millions for injured victims, and we do not get paid unless you get paid. Our firm is proactive. Among other things, our Houston head-on collision lawyers are prepared to:
- Hear what you have to say and answer your questions;
- Investigate your head-on collision—gathering evidence to prove fault;
- Guide you through the insurance paperwork and any settlement negotiations; and
- Take action to help you secure the absolute maximum financial compensation.
Get Help From Our Houston Head-On Collision Attorney
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston head-on collision attorneys have the professional skills and legal expertise to handle even the most catastrophic of crashes. If you or your loved one was involved in a serious head-on collision, we can help. Call us now or contact us online for a free, no-obligation consultation. From our Houston office, we represent victims throughout Southeast Texas.
24 Hour Injury Contact Form
View Our Recent Cases
JURY AWARDED $715,000
I was a client of Steve Hollingsworth. I was totally satisfied with his representation of me. He was very helpful in answering all my questions and always kept me updated on the status of my case. I am very happy with the settlement of the case and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for legal advice.
Steve was just great! Very easy to work with, communicates really well and most importantly sets realistic expectations. He is very straightforward and promptly responds to all your questions. I would definitely recommend Steve and would not hesitate to hire him in the future.
Steve and his assistant Kristina takes care of all my requests right away. Steve personally calls on issues and keeps me updated on the developments of the case. Got me a great settlement! Would highly recommend!
Mr. Hollingsworth was an excellent lawyer in my case. He kept me up to date and informed through the whole process. He was always honest and fought hard in my case. He comes highly recommend.
I have no complaints; Steve did a very good job on explaining the details on everything that I was going through with my case. Steve got my case settled in no time, I will sure spread the word about Steve he is a very great lawyer.
I liked how Steve explained everything, so I knew what I was getting in to. Steve got me what I deserved in no time. I would recommend him to anyone.
Steven and I attended law school together and I have known him since 2000. He was stellar in representing a close friend with a personal injury matter. I have been very impressed with his communication, dedication and thoroughness in representation.
Steve is the real deal! He is an extremely invaluable resource on all things Litigation for me as a younger attorney. He is not only great a securing the bigger verdicts, but actually cares about the clients and still sticks by his tried and true method of meeting, in person, with his clients to go over facts . overall, a solid attorney, with a wealth of knowledge!
After working with Steve for a couple of years, I found Steve to be an outstanding, aggressive and highly skilled lawyer in the courtroom. His confidence and knowledge of the courtroom and what it takes to succeed there, I believe will ensure his long term prosperity.
I had the pleasure of working on a trial with Steven last August. His background as an ADA is clearly evident in the courtroom. Steven's presentation of the evidence throughout trial is that of a seasoned attorney who has spent many hours in front of a jury. His opening/closings were excellent, as well as his strategic litigating throughout the trial. Steven is a consummate professional and a pleasure to work with, and watch in the courtroom.
When I met Steve, I was a legal assistant at a Plaintiff’s firm and he was working as an attorney for AIG. We connected there and then. Steve is a likable guy and an outstanding trial lawyer. He is charismatic and jurors like him. He is a Plaintiff’s lawyer now and he has the right skill set to represent injured individuals: he is compassionate, honest, and sincere and will go the extra mile for his clients. I’ve known Steve for almost 8 years now and I’m excited to see his career evolve.