Trusted T-bone Accidents Attorney in Houston, Texas
In Need of T-bone Accident Attorney in Houston?
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston car accident attorneys have the professional skills and proven legal expertise to take on the full range of T-bone accident claims. If you or your loved one was hurt in a T-bone crash, we are here to help. To set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a top Texas auto accident lawyer, contact our Houston law office today.
What is a T-Bone Accident?
A T-bone accident occurs when the front end of one vehicle strikes the side of another, forming a “T” shape at the point of impact. In most cases, these accidents often happen at intersections. T-bone crashes can happen for a wide array of different reasons, including failure to yield right-of-way, distracted driving, or running a red light. These are dangerous collisions. According to data cited by Forbes, T-bone accidents account for nearly 25% of fatal crashes reported nationwide. The side of a vehicle provides less protection than its front or rear—thereby making T-bone collisions particularly hazardous. Occupants on the struck side are especially vulnerable to severe injuries.
Understanding Liability for a T-Bone Accident in Texas
While motor vehicle accidents can happen in a wide range of different ways, T-bone collisions (side-impact crashes) can be especially frightening. They are inherently perilous. Injured victims in Houston need to know how to navigate a T-bone accident claim under Texas state law:
- Liability for a T-Bone is Based on Fault: Texas is a fault-based motor vehicle accident jurisdiction. Simply put, the driver found at fault for causing the T-bone accident is typically liable for any resulting damages or injuries. How is fault determined? It requires an investigation, scrutinizing of and potentially even the insights from accident reconstruction experts. For example, if Driver A runs a red light and strikes Driver B, who had the right of way, Driver A would likely be deemed at fault and thus liable for the accident.
- Texas is a Comparative Negligence State: Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001, multiple parties could share legally liable for the same T-bone accident. Texas operates under a modified comparative fault standard. As an example, imagine that a Texas court determines that you are 30% at fault for a T-bone accident. Based on this fact, you would only be entitled to recover compensation for 70% of your damages.
- Two-Year Statute of Limitations: Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann § 16.003, T-bone accident injury claims are subject to a strict two-year statute of limitations. Do not wait to get started with your legal claim: The failure to adhere to the statutory deadline could mean forfeiting the right to pursue any compensation for damages or injuries.
Our Houston Car Accident Lawyers Help Head-On Collision Victims Maximize Their Recovery
Injured in a T-bone crash in Houston? It is imperative that you are able to secure the full compensation that you need to pay bills, support your family, and move forward with your life. At Hollingsworth Law Firm, we go above and beyond to help victims maximize their recovery. Our T-bone accident lawyers in Houston help clients pursue financial compensation for:
- Property damage, such as vehicle repairs;
- Ambulance costs and other emergency room care;
- Hospital bills and other types of medical expenses;
- Loss of income and diminished earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death.
We Also Represent the Following Practice Areas:-
- Dangerous Roadway Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Drowsy Driving Accident
- Fatal Car Accident
- Head-on Collisions
- Highway Accident
- Hit And Run Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups
- Parking Lot Accident
- Rear End Accidents
- Rollover Accident
- Sideswipe Collision
- Single Vehicle Accident
- Speeding Accident
How Our T-Bone Accident Lawyer in Houston Can Help
A T-bone crash can cause catastrophic, even life-threatening injuries. Our founder and owner, Steve Hollingsworth, is a trial-tested personal injury attorney with the skills and experience to handle T-bone crash claims. When you contact our Houston law office, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Texas T-bone accident lawyer who can:
- Hear what you have to say, answer questions, and explain your options;
- Investigate your T-bone crash—gathering evidence and information;
- Handle insurance claims paperwork and settlement negotiations; and
- Take proactive steps to help you get justice and secure the maximum compensation.
Get Help From Our Houston T-Bone Accident Attorney
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston T-Bone accident lawyers are committed to investing the time, resources, and attention to detail that victims and families can trust. If you or your family member was hurt in a T-bone collision, we are here to help you get justice and the maximum compensation. Contact us today to arrange your free case evaluation. With a law office in Houston, we handle T-bone accident claims throughout Southeast Texas.