Speeding Accidents Attorneys in Houston, Texas
Were you injured in a Speeding Accident in Houston?
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston auto accident attorneys have extensive experience handling speeding accident claims. Injured victims deserve full and fair financial compensation. If you or your loved one was hurt in a crash with a speeding driver, we are here to help. Contact us at our Houston law office today for a free consultation with a top Texas car accident lawyer.
Speeding is One of the Most Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Collisions
Speeding consistently ranks as one of the most common causes of motor vehicle crashes in Texas. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) cites data showing that speed is a factor in nearly one-third of all fatal accidents reported in the United States. Exceeding the speed limit or driving too swiftly for prevailing conditions not only diminishes a driver’s reaction time but also hampers the predictability necessary for safe roadway interaction. Beyond that, high rates of speed also amplify the risk that a crash will result in severe or catastrophic injuries.
An Overview of Car Accident Liability in Texas (Speeding is Negligence)
Were you hurt in a crash in Houston caused by a driver who was speeding? A speed-related crash should be reported to state or local law enforcement right away. A citation may be issued to the other driver. It is crucial that you have a general understanding of how state law applies to these types of claims. Here are some critical points of Texas law for speeding accidents:
- Liability Based on Fault: In Texas, determining fault is critical for accident claims. The state follows a fault-based car insurance system. The party found to be at fault for causing the accident is also responsible for any resultant damages. When a driver is speeding, it can be reasonably inferred that they were behaving negligently. If this negligence is found to be the primary cause of the accident, the speeding driver can be held liable for damages.
- Comparative Negligence: Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001, our state follows a modified comparative negligence system to apportion fault. An injured victim’s compensation can be reduced by the percentage of their fault in the accident. However, if the injured party is found to be more than 50% at fault, they are barred from recovering any compensation. In speeding-related accidents, if both drivers were speeding or if the injured party also engaged in some form of negligence, compensation can be adjusted based on each party’s degree of fault. All crashes in Houston should be thoroughly investigated.
- Two-Year Statute of Limitations: Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann § 16.003, the injured victims of speeding-related accidents in Texas have a two-year window to file a lawsuit from the date of the accident. The statute of limitations is strict. There are few exceptions, and if one fails to file a claim within this period, they may lose the right to seek compensation for their damages. Consult with a Houston speeding accident lawyer as soon as possible after a serious crash.
We Help Speeding Accident Victims in Houston Secure Compensation
A speed-related crash can cause serious injuries. Following a collision, you need compensation to pay bills and support your family. In Texas, injured victims can seek compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Unfortunately, the big insurance companies try to pay out less. Our speeding accident attorneys in Houston are committed to helping our clients maximize their settlement. You may be entitled to recover damages for the following:
- Property damage (vehicle repairs);
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and other damage;
- Lost wages and loss of earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death damages.
We Also Represent the Following Practice Areas:-
- Dangerous Roadway Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Drowsy Driving Accident
- Fatal Car Accident
- Head-on Collisions
- Highway Accident
- Hit And Run Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups
- Parking Lot Accident
- Rear End Accidents
- Rollover Accident
- Sideswipe Collision
- Single Vehicle Accident
- T-bone or Side Impact Collision
Why Rely on Our Speeding Accident Lawyer in Houston
Navigating the aftermath of a serious crash is challenging. Our founding attorney Steve Hollingsworth is an experienced, reliable advocate for injured victims. We have recovered millions for our clients, and there is no fee unless we win your case. You deserve proactive and personalized representation. Among other things, our Houston auto accident attorneys are ready to:
- Hear your story and answer questions about your speeding accident claim;
- Investigate the crash—gathering evidence to prove fault;
- Handle any settlement negotiations with the insurance company; and
- Develop a strategy to help you secure the maximum financial compensation.
Contact Our Houston Speeding Accident Attorney Today
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston auto accident lawyers handle all types of speed-related accident claims. Hurt in a crash with a driver who was speeding? Our Houston personal injury lawyer is more than ready to help. Contact us today for your no-cost, no-obligation consultation. With a law office in Houston, we handle speed-related accident claims throughout Southeast Texas.
24 Hour Injury Contact Form
View Our Recent Cases
JURY AWARDED $715,000
I was a client of Steve Hollingsworth. I was totally satisfied with his representation of me. He was very helpful in answering all my questions and always kept me updated on the status of my case. I am very happy with the settlement of the case and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for legal advice.
Steve was just great! Very easy to work with, communicates really well and most importantly sets realistic expectations. He is very straightforward and promptly responds to all your questions. I would definitely recommend Steve and would not hesitate to hire him in the future.
Steve and his assistant Kristina takes care of all my requests right away. Steve personally calls on issues and keeps me updated on the developments of the case. Got me a great settlement! Would highly recommend!
Mr. Hollingsworth was an excellent lawyer in my case. He kept me up to date and informed through the whole process. He was always honest and fought hard in my case. He comes highly recommend.
I have no complaints; Steve did a very good job on explaining the details on everything that I was going through with my case. Steve got my case settled in no time, I will sure spread the word about Steve he is a very great lawyer.
I liked how Steve explained everything, so I knew what I was getting in to. Steve got me what I deserved in no time. I would recommend him to anyone.
Steven and I attended law school together and I have known him since 2000. He was stellar in representing a close friend with a personal injury matter. I have been very impressed with his communication, dedication and thoroughness in representation.
Steve is the real deal! He is an extremely invaluable resource on all things Litigation for me as a younger attorney. He is not only great a securing the bigger verdicts, but actually cares about the clients and still sticks by his tried and true method of meeting, in person, with his clients to go over facts . overall, a solid attorney, with a wealth of knowledge!
After working with Steve for a couple of years, I found Steve to be an outstanding, aggressive and highly skilled lawyer in the courtroom. His confidence and knowledge of the courtroom and what it takes to succeed there, I believe will ensure his long term prosperity.
I had the pleasure of working on a trial with Steven last August. His background as an ADA is clearly evident in the courtroom. Steven's presentation of the evidence throughout trial is that of a seasoned attorney who has spent many hours in front of a jury. His opening/closings were excellent, as well as his strategic litigating throughout the trial. Steven is a consummate professional and a pleasure to work with, and watch in the courtroom.
When I met Steve, I was a legal assistant at a Plaintiff’s firm and he was working as an attorney for AIG. We connected there and then. Steve is a likable guy and an outstanding trial lawyer. He is charismatic and jurors like him. He is a Plaintiff’s lawyer now and he has the right skill set to represent injured individuals: he is compassionate, honest, and sincere and will go the extra mile for his clients. I’ve known Steve for almost 8 years now and I’m excited to see his career evolve.