Drowsy Driving Accident Attorneys in Houston, Texas
Were You Injured In A Drowsy Driving Accident in Houston, TX?
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston auto accident attorneys have the professional skills, tenacity, and legal expertise to take on the full range of drowsy driving accident claims. If you or your loved one was hurt in a collision caused by drowsy driving, we are here as a legal resource. To set up your free consultation with a top Texas car crash lawyer, contact our Houston office today.
Drowsy Driving is Dangerous Driving
Drowsy driving is a serious public safety hazard, both in Texas and throughout the United States. It contributes to a significant number of crashes. According to a study cited by the National Safety Council (NSC), drowsy/fatigued driving is cited as a factor in approximately 325,000 motor vehicle collisions nationwide each year. Too many people underestimate the danger posed by drowsy driving. In many ways, it is comparable to driving under the influence of alcohol. Among other things, fatigue driving significantly impairs a driver’s reaction time, judgment, and focus. Despite advancements in vehicular safety, nothing compensates for an alert, attentive driver. It is imperative that all motorists in Houston recognize the dangers of drowsy driving.
Understanding Liability in Texas
Were you hurt in a drowsy driving crash in Houston, Harris County, or elsewhere in the region? You need to know how the claims process works. Here is an overview of Texas law for drowsy driving accident injury cases:
- Liability Based on Negligence: Texas is an at-fault motor vehicle accident state. At its core, negligence implies a failure to exercise the degree of care that a reasonably prudent person would have exercised in a similar situation. When a driver gets behind the wheel while drowsy or fatigued and causes an accident, they can be held liable based on their negligent decision to drive without being in a condition to do so safely.
- Comparative Negligence Matters: The concept of comparative negligence plays a crucial role in Texas personal injury claims, including drowsy driving accident claims. Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann. § 33.001, an injured victim who is found to be partly at fault for the accident will have their compensation reduced. For example, if a drowsy driver is deemed 75% at fault and the other driver 25% at fault, the latter’s compensation will be reduced by that 25%.
- Two Years to Bring a Claim: Under Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code Ann § 16.003, drowsy driving accident injury claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. Explained another way, an injured victim has a two-year window from the date of the accident to initiate a lawsuit. Failing to file within this timeframe can result in the loss of the right to pursue compensation. Do not wait: Consult with a Houston auto accident attorney right away after a drowsy driving accident.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover in a Drowsy Driving Accident Claim?
It depends. In Texas, injured victims have the legal right to hold the at-fault party—including a negligent drowsy driver—legally liable for both economic and non-economic damages. That being said, defendants and their insurance companies can make it hard for people hurt in crashes to get justice. Our drowsy driving accident attorneys in Houston are devoted to helping victims and families maximize their compensation. A settlement may include:
- Vehicle repairs or vehicle replacement;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and medical costs;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability/disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death damages.
We Also Represent the Following Practice Areas:-
- Dangerous Roadway Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Fatal Car Accident
- Head-on Collisions
- Highway Accident
- Hit And Run Accident
- Multi-Vehicle Pileups
- Parking Lot Accident
- Rear End Accidents
- Rollover Accident
- Sideswipe Collision
- Single Vehicle Accident
- Speeding Accident
- T-bone or Side Impact Collision
Injured Victims Trust Our Drowsy Driving Accident Lawyer in Houston
Hurt in a drowsy driving crash in Southeast Texas? Our founding attorney Steve Hollingsworth is a trial-tested advocate with a commitment to protecting the rights and interests of victims and families. We know how to get results. When you reach out to our Houston law office, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Texas auto accident attorney who can:
- Listen to what you have to say and answer questions about your drowsy driving case;
- Investigate your drowsy driving accident—gathering evidence to prove fault and damages;
- Represent you in any settlement negotiations with the insurance company; and
- Craft a personalized strategy focused on helping you maximize your compensation.
Call Our Houston Drowsy Driving Attorney for a Free Consultation
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston drowsy driving accident lawyer is devoted to protecting the rights and interests of injured victims. Hurt in a crash caused by drowsy driving, we are here to help. Contact our Houston personal injury lawyers to set up your free, no-strings-attached initial consultation. With an office in Houston, we handle drowsy driving accident claims throughout Southeast Texas.
24 Hour Injury Contact Form
Were You Injured In A Car Accident?
No child pages found.
View Our Recent Cases
JURY AWARDED $715,000
I was a client of Steve Hollingsworth. I was totally satisfied with his representation of me. He was very helpful in answering all my questions and always kept me updated on the status of my case. I am very happy with the settlement of the case and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for legal advice.
Steve was just great! Very easy to work with, communicates really well and most importantly sets realistic expectations. He is very straightforward and promptly responds to all your questions. I would definitely recommend Steve and would not hesitate to hire him in the future.
Steve and his assistant Kristina takes care of all my requests right away. Steve personally calls on issues and keeps me updated on the developments of the case. Got me a great settlement! Would highly recommend!
Mr. Hollingsworth was an excellent lawyer in my case. He kept me up to date and informed through the whole process. He was always honest and fought hard in my case. He comes highly recommend.
I have no complaints; Steve did a very good job on explaining the details on everything that I was going through with my case. Steve got my case settled in no time, I will sure spread the word about Steve he is a very great lawyer.
I liked how Steve explained everything, so I knew what I was getting in to. Steve got me what I deserved in no time. I would recommend him to anyone.
Steven and I attended law school together and I have known him since 2000. He was stellar in representing a close friend with a personal injury matter. I have been very impressed with his communication, dedication and thoroughness in representation.
Steve is the real deal! He is an extremely invaluable resource on all things Litigation for me as a younger attorney. He is not only great a securing the bigger verdicts, but actually cares about the clients and still sticks by his tried and true method of meeting, in person, with his clients to go over facts . overall, a solid attorney, with a wealth of knowledge!
After working with Steve for a couple of years, I found Steve to be an outstanding, aggressive and highly skilled lawyer in the courtroom. His confidence and knowledge of the courtroom and what it takes to succeed there, I believe will ensure his long term prosperity.
I had the pleasure of working on a trial with Steven last August. His background as an ADA is clearly evident in the courtroom. Steven's presentation of the evidence throughout trial is that of a seasoned attorney who has spent many hours in front of a jury. His opening/closings were excellent, as well as his strategic litigating throughout the trial. Steven is a consummate professional and a pleasure to work with, and watch in the courtroom.
When I met Steve, I was a legal assistant at a Plaintiff’s firm and he was working as an attorney for AIG. We connected there and then. Steve is a likable guy and an outstanding trial lawyer. He is charismatic and jurors like him. He is a Plaintiff’s lawyer now and he has the right skill set to represent injured individuals: he is compassionate, honest, and sincere and will go the extra mile for his clients. I’ve known Steve for almost 8 years now and I’m excited to see his career evolve.