Houston Truck Accidents Attorney
Were You Injured In A Truck Accident?
At the Hollingsworth Law Firm, our Houston truck accident lawyers and support staff know that when our clients are involved in a traffic collision with a large commercial vehicle in Texas, their injuries are often catastrophic.
Unfortunately, injury victims experience a second traumatic event when the truck driver, trucking company, or another liable third-party’s insurance company begins investigating the crash.
Our truck accident attorneys in Harris County will help protect your rights immediately after the collision occurs, so the insurance company representatives or the company’s legal counsel cannot manipulate your statement to fit the narrative that safeguards their bottom line.
Collectively, our skilled Houston truck accident attorneys have spent more than three decades working on both sides of the courtroom, gaining unparalleled experience of the inner workings of some of the world’s largest insurance companies, and transforming that knowledge into wins for our clients.
We can pursue the same results for you and your family.
Our skilled legal staff offers services in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Mandarin because we believe in inclusion, fairness, and justice. It is only possible to successfully represent the people in our communities when we can successfully represent all people.
Contact us today to learn more about our commitment to pursuing real results for each of our clients.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Commercial Truck Accident in Texas?
Large commercial trucks, including flatbed trucks, construction equipment vehicles, and other delivery vehicles used in the oil and gas industry are common on our Texas roadways.
When large trucks are involved in vehicle collisions, the much smaller vehicles and their occupants traveling alongside can be catastrophically injured or even killed.
Unfortunately, Texas truck collisions are often preventable, including those caused by the truck driver’s negligence.
Common negligent actions that lead to truck accidents may include:
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- Fatigued Driving
- Failing to Leave Enough Room to Stop
- Driving Too Fast for the Traffic or Weather Conditions
Although truck driver negligence is a common cause of commercial vehicle collisions in Texas, they are not the only party that can be held liable for the truck accident, injuries, or fatalities that result.
Trucking companies may be held liable when they hire inexperienced drivers, or when they place profits over safety and pressure the truck’s driver to violate federal Hours of Service Regulations to deliver more goods in less time.
Other liable parties may include the truck’s manufacturer, for failing to recall a defective part, or the truck’s maintenance company, for failing to keep the truck in good working condition. In some cases, another third party may be held liable, including cargo companies that improperly load or overload the truck.
No matter how your Texas truck accident occurred, our skilled Houston personal injury lawyers at the Hollingsworth Law Firm will investigate your crash from end-to-end to ensure all potentially liable parties are included in your claim.
At Hollingsworth Law Firm, Our Houston Personal Injury Attorney Also Focuses on the Following Practice Areas:
- Airplane Accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Industrial Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Offshore & Maritime Injury
- Oil Rig Explosions
- Pedestrian Accident
- Plant & Refinery Accidents
- Product Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Baytown Refinery Accident
How Do Texas Semi-Truck Accident Injuries Differ From Other Traffic Collisions?
Because of the size of a Semi-Truck, and its potential to weigh up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, the injuries that result from a crash involving one of these large vehicles typically cause catastrophic injuries. In other truck crashes, the smaller vehicle’s occupants can be killed without notice.
These devastating accidents are treated differently by our law firm because the injured parties or their bereaved families require a higher level of compensation to get their lives back on track.
At the Hollingworth Law Firm, we will pursue each liable party for the maximum financial outcome possible, so our clients can move forward with confidence.
What Type of Financial Recovery Can I Pursue During a Texas Truck Accident Claim?
Our bilingual staff is here to listen to your story and learn all the ways negligence and your injuries have impacted your day-to-day activities and overall quality of life, so we can build a case that successfully represents your complete recovery needs.
That could mean pursuing:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Loss of wage-earning capacity
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Past and future mental anguish
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
At the Hollingsworth Law Firm, we are dedicated to pursuing actual results for our clients. That means everyone who calls our offices for help will speak directly with a truck accident attorney, so they understand their legal rights and options right away.
We will fight for each form of financial recovery you deserve through negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company or prepare your case with precision for trial. When you are ready to contact an accomplished truck accident law firm in Houston, we are ready to hear your story.
Tell us how we can help you pursue the best outcome for your Texas truck accident claim.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
Getting involved in a truck accident can be a traumatic and life-changing experience. The sheer size and weight of trucks often result in severe injuries and extensive property damage. If you or your loved ones have been involved in a truck accident in Houston, it is crucial to seek the help of a qualified truck accident attorney from the Hollingsworth Law Firm.
Some of the reasons you need a truck accident attorney include the following:
- Experience and expansive legal knowledge: Truck accident cases can be complex to handle. This is because they involve multiple parties, such as trucking companies, insurance companies, and other drivers. A skilled Houston truck accident attorney understands the intricacies of these cases and can navigate the legal process effectively.
- They help with Investigation and gathering evidence: A dedicated truck accident attorney in Houston will conduct a thorough investigation and gather crucial evidence. This includes accident reports, witness statements, and black box data. You need sufficient evidence to establish liability in a truck accident
- Determining liability: Identifying the responsible parties in a truck accident can be challenging. A knowledgeable attorney will investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident and determine liability. This may include holding truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for their negligence.
- They negotiate a fair settlement: Insurance companies often try to give out as little settlement as possible. Having a skilled truck accident attorney by your side ensures your rights are protected. They will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and seek fair compensation for your injuries. Attorneys factor in medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering caused by the accident.
- Litigation representation: In some cases, reaching a fair settlement may not be possible outside the courtroom. If the issue goes to trial, an experienced truck accident attorney will provide effective representation and present your case to a judge.
Finding the Right Houston Truck Accident Attorney
When it comes to finding the right truck accident attorney in Houston, there are several factors to consider. Some of them include:
- Specialization: Working with an attorney specializing in truck accident cases is vital. Truck accidents have unique dynamics and regulations that require a specific skill set and experience.
- Proven track record: Look for an attorney with a proven track record of successfully handling truck accident cases. Review their past settlements and verdicts to gauge their ability to secure favorable client outcomes.
- Reputation and reviews: You should research the attorney’s reputation within the legal community and check online reviews from past clients. A positive reputation and satisfied clients are indicators of a trustworthy and reliable attorney.
- Resources: Truck accident cases often require extensive resources. Therefore, you should work with a law firm that understands what it takes to win the case. Ensure that the attorney you choose has access to these resources to strengthen your case.
- Personalized attention: Work with an attorney that will give your case the attention it deserves. Avoid attorneys who handle a high volume of cases and may not have adequate time to dedicate to your case.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result in severe injuries due to the significant impact and force involved. The common injuries in truck accidents are:
- Traumatic brain Injuries: These injuries vary from mild concussions to severe brain damage. TBIs can cause long-term cognitive dysfunctions.
- Spinal cord injuries: Suffering damage to the spinal cord can lead to partial or complete paralysis. This affects the victim’s mobility and quality of life.
- Broken bones and fractures: The force of a truck collision can cause multiple fractures and broken bones. In such cases, the victim will require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries: The impact of a truck accident can cause internal bleeding, organ damage, and other internal injuries that may require immediate surgical intervention.
- Whiplash and neck injuries: The sudden jolt of a truck accident can lead to whiplash and neck injuries. These injuries cause pain, stiffness, and long-term discomfort.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result from a myriad of factors, often exacerbated by the sheer size and weight of these commercial vehicles. Common causes include driver fatigue, inadequate vehicle maintenance, speeding, reckless driving, inclement weather conditions, and faulty equipment. These factors can contribute to catastrophic collisions, leaving a trail of destruction and life-altering consequences in their wake.
The Statute Of Limitations In Truck Accident Cases
Understanding the statute of limitations is crucial in ensuring that your legal rights are protected. In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including truck accidents, is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file a claim within this timeframe can significantly jeopardize your ability to seek compensation. Therefore, seeking legal counsel from our proficient team at Hollingsworth Law Firm at the earliest opportunity is imperative in securing a strong case.
Things To Consider When Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
Choosing the right legal representation is paramount in maximizing the success of your case. When seeking a truck accident attorney in Houston, it is essential to consider their experience, track record of success, client testimonials, and dedication to client communication. The team at Hollingsworth Law Firm prides itself on our transparent and compassionate approach, ensuring that our clients are well-informed and supported throughout every step of the legal process.
Compensation In Texas Truck Accidents
Securing rightful compensation in Texas truck accident cases can encompass various aspects, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and in some cases, punitive damages. Understanding the nuances of these compensation elements requires an in-depth understanding of Texas laws, which our adept legal team at Hollingsworth Law Firm possesses.
How Do You Prove The Trucking Company Is Liable For The Truck Accident In Houston, Texas?
Proving the liability of a trucking company in the aftermath of an accident involves meticulous investigation and evidence collection. This can include examining driver logs, maintenance records, black box data, and company policies. Our legal experts at Hollingsworth Law Firm leave no stone unturned in building a robust case that holds the responsible parties accountable for their negligence, ensuring that justice is served for our clients.
What Is The Average Settlement For a Truck Accident In Texas?
The average settlement for a truck accident in Texas can vary significantly based on the specifics of each case. Factors such as the severity of injuries, the degree of negligence, and the impact on the victim’s life all contribute to the final settlement. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer, our adept legal team at Hollingsworth Law Firm leverages our expertise to maximize the compensation for our clients, ensuring that they receive the best possible outcome for their case.
In the wake of a truck accident, navigating the legal complexities can seem daunting. However, with Hollingsworth Law Firm by your side, you can rest assured that your rights are fiercely protected, and justice will prevail. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let us guide you through the path to rightful compensation and closure.
Truck Accident Claims and Legal Process
Understanding the legal process involved in truck accident claims is essential for pursuing compensation effectively.
Here are some of the key steps in the claims process.
Schedule a consultation with a truck accident attorney to discuss the details of your case. At Hollingsworth Law Firm, we will evaluate the circumstances and guide you on the next steps.
Investigation and Gathering Evidence
Our attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation and gather the necessary evidence. This can be anything that can strengthen your claim and increase the chances of a favorable outcome.
Filing a Lawsuit
If the negotiations cannot yield a fair settlement, your attorney may file a lawsuit on your behalf. This initiates the legal process and allows your case to proceed to trial if necessary.
Discovery and Pre-Trial Preparation
Both parties exchange information and evidence during the discovery phase. Our team will prepare your case by consulting experts and developing a strong legal strategy.
Next, we will negotiate with the opposing party to seek a fair settlement that adequately compensates you for your damage. The attorney will advise you if an acceptable settlement offer is presented.
Trial and Judgment
If your case goes to trial, our attorneys will represent you in court and present your case to a judge. We will present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable judgment.
We also offer this practice area in the following city
Contact Our Skilled Truck Accident Attorneys in Houston, Texas Today
If you or someone you love has been injured or lost their life in a Texas truck accident caused by negligence, contact our dedicated Houston personal injury lawyers at the Hollingsworth Law Firm today by calling 713-637-4560 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Our skilled bilingual truck accident lawyers and support staff represent clients throughout the state of Texas on a contingency basis, so you never pay any legal fees unless we win your case.
If you are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve, so are we. Let us take the lead.
Truck Accident Resource:
- Big Rig Accident
- Driver Fatigue Accident
- Fatal Truck Accident
- Jackknife Accident
- T-bone Truck Accident
- Truck Driver Negligence Accident
- Underride Accident
- Personal Injury Settlement Amounts for Truck Accidents in Texas
- Causes for a Semi Truck Accident
- Common Semi Truck Accident Injuries
- How to Handle the Uncertainty of an Accident With a Semi Truck
- Important Differences of a Semi Truck Accident
- Legal Driving Hours for Semi Truck Drivers
- How Long Will My Texas Truck Accident and Injury Claim Take to Produce Results?
- Semi Truck Insurance Coverage
- Todays Semi Trucks
- Types of Semi-Truck Accident Lawsuits
- When Is a Commercial Trucking Company Liable for Accidents Injuries Fatalities in Texas
- More Large Trucks on Our Texas Roadways Translates to More Crashes Injuries Fatalities
- Are Texas Semi Truck Drivers Required to Take Drug Tests
- How Unsecured Cargo Can Cause Catastrophic Truck Accidents Throughout Texas
- How Much Insurance are Commercial Trucks Required to Carry in the U.S.?