· Increased Insurance Coverage — Not only will you need to communicate with the driver of the semi-truck, but the owner of the truck, trailer, cargo, shipper, and company responsible for loading the trailer. All of these entities will have their own insurance policies, as well as they are most likely insured up to hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars. It is necessary to have a reliable, experienced lawyer assist you as the insurance agents for the semi-truck driver, truck, trailer, etc. will try to settle for pennies compared to what your case is worth. More often than not, it’s extremely difficult to get insurance agents to admit fault to begin with.
· Property Damage — As mentioned, semi-trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. For this reason an accident with a semi-truck will naturally destroy more property than an accident with a car.
· Injury — All injuries are expected to be more severe. What would be cuts and bruises with a car accident are deep lacerations and multiple, major fractures in a semi-truck accident. Life-changing brain and spinal/back injuries are unfortunately common too.
· Increased Medical Bills and Recovery Time — Injuries from a semi-truck accident take more time to heal, which means increased recovery time in a hospital bed and physical therapy. If the injured individual is lucky to be able to go back to work, they may be forced to find a new position at their place of employment or find a new job or career altogether.
· Fatality — A semi-truck accident has a greater chance of resulting in a fatality. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) stated about three thousand to five thousand people die each year from a semi-truck accident.
Call our Houston Truck Accident Attorney For Free Semi Truck Accident Legal Consultation
The attorney you choose does make a difference; don’t get hurt twice. Our expert legal team has proven to be dedicated, compassionate, and most importantly, effective fighters for our clients. We have handled thousands of personal injury cases and recovered millions of dollars for our clients. We are with you every step of the way. We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, and we never charge a fee unless we win.
Hollingsworth Law Firm is located at 1415 North Loop West, Suite 200, Houston, Texas 77008. Call our Houston personal injury lawyers today at 713.637.4560 or fax at 713.474.9017. Our office is open Monday through Friday from seven in the morning until seven at night, closed on Saturday and Sunday. You can always send us a message on our website.
Our aggressive personal injury trial attorneys at the Hollingsworth Law Firm are committed to fighting for the compensation you deserve. If you are the victim of an automobile accident, airplane accident, workplace injury or other catastrophic injury, you need legal advice from a personal injury attorney with proven results you can trust. Our dedicated legal team is proud to represent clients across the state of Texas. WE WILL START FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS TODAY!