If you or a loved one is injured, we are here to help.
Were You Injured in the Baytown, Texas Plant Explosion? You Need an Experienced Refinery Accident Lawyer!
No plant employee heads to work thinking the refinery will explode and leave them with lifelong catastrophic injuries. The grim truth is that accidents happen, and they affect more than just the employees but all the community members within and around Baytown, Texas.
The team at Hollingsworth Law Firm has won plant and refinery injury cases before, and they can win yours, too! Whether you work for Exxon, Chevron, Good Year, Halliburton, or others, Hollingsworth Law Firm is with you every step of the way.
What Do I Need to Know After a Plant Explosion?
There are three things you need to know after a refinery explosion:
- The name of the plant or refinery
- The name of the safety companies and employees working at the plant or refinery
- The name of all third party or contracted services at the job site which may be associated with your damages
How Will Hollingsworth Law Firm Help My Baytown Refinery Explosion Claim?
Refinery explosion cases can be awfully challenging. We see victims attempt to confront the rich refinery or oil companies while simultaneously securing the damages they’re entitled. The nature of these occurrences demand injury victims seek a knowledgeable attorney to help them with their case.
Our attorney will work with federal and state regulators, law enforcement officials, the refinery company, and insurance providers to acquire the necessary proof to win your case.
This would include the following:
- Business safety records
- Required employee training and safety documentation
- Closed circuit photo or video surveillance of the explosion
- Testimony from eyewitnesses
- Reconstruction of the accident by expert evidence
Speak with Hollingsworth Law Firm For a FREE CONSULTATION NOW!
If you or a loved one has been affected by a plant or refinery explosion in or near Baytown, Texas, you must not delay; call Hollingsworth Law Firm today!
Our team of lawyers has dealt with oil companies and refineries before. We know the stakes and have what it takes to win your case! We can help you receive damages for:
- Medical expenses due to the explosion
- Forfeited earnings if the victim cannot work
- Loss of future earnings if explosion caused permanent disability
- Pain and suffering compensation
- Loss of quality of life reparations
- Possible punitive damages against the refinery operator or owner
What Caused the Baytown, Texas Refinery Accident?
There are many reasons why the plant in Baytown, Texas erupted. Below are a few factors:
- Equipment failure or flawed creation of plant and refinery equipment
- Failure to follow OSHA requirements
- Failure to train or fully train employees
- Failure to supervise correctly
- Failure to implement, perform, or understand fail-safe procedures
What Other Injuries Occur at a Plant and Refinery?
- Fire injuries
- Burn injuries
- High falls
- Scaffolding failure or falls
- Truck and other automobile accidents with pedestrians at the plant
- Injuries resulting from loading and unloading trucks and trailers
- Slip and fall accidents
- Toxic chemical exposure
How Do Plant and Refinery Accidents Harm People?
Plant and refinery explosions normally cause severe and catastrophic injuries. These injuries happen because of the explosion or other incidents caused by the explosion, such as deteriorating infrastructure, fires, smoke inhalation, and other misfortunes. Some injuries our attorneys have seen before are:
- Bleeding of the abdomen
- Holes in wall of an organ in the abdomen
- Amputations, both minor and severe
- Brain injuries and head wounds
- Fractured and broken bones
- Impalement and penetration injuries through the feet, legs, abdomen, arms, neck, head, or eyes
- Bruises, sprains, and soft tissue damage
- Blunt-force trauma
- Damage to the inner, middle, and outer ear
- Blast lung
- Third-degree burns
What Plants and Refineries Does ExxonMobil Own in Baytown, Texas?
Baytown Technology & Engineering Complex
The technology and engineering plant has been established since the 1920s. It has made significant discoveries, such as making automobiles burn less gas and creating the separator film in lithium-ion batteries. Despite being the largest and most advanced complex of its kind, the possibility of an accident or explosion will always linger.
Baytown Olefins Plant
The Olefins Plant in Baytown, Texas is one of the most expansive ethylene plants in the world. This location has drawn some attention. ExxonMobil has dealt with many events; however, the community of Baytown has a long history.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the plant a record-setting fine due to its failure to follow the requirements of the Clean Air Act made known by the Sierra Club. Due to the inability to abide by the instructions of the Clean Air Act, this plant experienced a fire in 2019 where 66 people sought medical treatment. ExxonMobil wields a lot of power in the oil and gas industry and plays a prominent role in the Baytown community. This doesn’t mean much when it comes to winning your personal injury claim due to a plant or refinery explosion. No matter how large or small a business is, they will try to make it feel impossible to receive any compensation for your plant or refinery injury. Companies, such as those the size of ExxonMobil, have the best lawyers to defend their profits. Whether the legal trouble is caused by reports of injured employees or the plant’s continuous pollution violations, it is paramount to understand the ExxonMobil Baytown Olefins Plant has the most legal problems compared to all other plants in Baytown.
Fight For Your Rights
Schedule Your Free Consultation Now!
Please fill out the form below and our staff will contact you to schedule your free consultation.